A Time to Cardiovascular Event Analysis Comparing Tocilizumab to Other Biologics in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
The source of the below information is public registry websites such as ClinicalTrials.gov, EuClinicalTrials.eu, ISRCTN.com, etc.. It has been summarised and edited into simpler language. For more information about this clinical trial see the For Expert tab on the specific ForPatients page or follow these links to https://clinicaltrials.gov and/or https://euclinicaltrials.eu and/or https://www.isrctn.com.
The below information is taken directly from public registry websites such as ClinicalTrials.gov, EuClinicalTrials.eu, ISRCTN.com, etc., and has not been edited.
This retrospective cohort study will analyze data from multiple large U.S. health insurance claims databases to compare use of tocilizumab to other biologic disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) in real world patients with RA. Using the date of dispensing as the index date, the analysis will compute the time to first event for several cardiovascular outcomes.
Risk of Cardiovascular Events in Patients Using Tocilizumab as Compared With Other Biologics in Multiple Large Healthcare Databases
- At least 1 inpatient or 2 outpatient diagnoses of RA
- Continuous medical/pharmacy coverage and full claims data available
- At least 6 months of insurance plan enrollment prior to index date
- Nursing home residents
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Receipt of chemotherapy
- End-stage renal disease, dialysis, or transplant
- Use of rituximab
- Recent cardiovascular event (includes MI, stroke, ACS, or HF) within 90 days prior to index date
For the latest version of this information please go to www.forpatients.roche.com