Study of RO7250284 in Participants With Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- United States
The source of the below information is the publicly available website ClinicalTrials.gov. It has been summarised and edited into simpler language.
The below information is taken directly from the publicly available website ClinicalTrials.gov within a week of any updates, and has not been edited.
This is a first in-human study to investigate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of RO7250284 administered through intravitreal (IVT) injections and via the Port Delivery System in participants with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (nAMD)
A Three-Part, Phase I Study to Investigate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Efficacy of RO7250284 Following Intravitreal Administration of Multiple Ascending Doses and Sustained Delivery From the Port Delivery System in Patients With Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 Inclusion Criteria:
- Willing to allow AH collection.
Part 1 and Part 2 Ocular Inclusion Criteria for Study Eye:
- Choroidal neovascularization (CNV) exclusively due to age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Anti-VEGF IVT treatment-naïve, or pre-treated with anti-VEGF no less than two months prior to Day 1.
- Sufficiently clear ocular media and adequate pupillary dilatation to allow for analysis and grading by the central reading center of fundus photography (FP), fluorescein angiography (FA), fundus autofluorescence (FAF), and spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) images.
- Decreased best corrected visual acuity (BCVA) attributable primarily to neovascular AMD (nAMD), with BCVA letter score of 78 to 34 letters (inclusive) on early treatment diabetic retinopathy study (ETDRS)-like charts at screening. In case both eyes of a participant are eligible, the eye with the lower BCVA score should become the study eye.
Part 3 Ocular Inclusion Criteria for Study Eye:
- CNV exclusively due to AMD.
- Diagnosis of nAMD within nine months prior to the screening visit.
- Previous treatment with at least two anti-VEGF IVT for nAMD.
- Demonstrated response to prior IVT anti-VEGF treatment since diagnosis.
- Availability of historical visual acuity (VA) data prior to the first anti-VEGF treatment for nAMD.
- Sufficiently clear ocular media and adequate pupillary dilatation to allow for analysis and grading.
- BCVA letter score of 34 letters (inclusive) or better on ETDRS-like charts.
Exclusion Criteria for Study Eye:
- History of vitrectomy surgery, submacular surgery, other intraocular surgery, or any planned surgical intervention during the study period.
- Cataract surgery without complications within three months preceding the screening visit or planned during the study period.
- Aphakia or absence of the posterior capsule.
- Prior macular treatment with verteporfin, external beam radiation therapy, transpupillary thermotherapy, or any type of laser photocoagulation.
- Prior treatment with IVT corticosteroids or implant (e.g., triamcinolone, ozurdex, iluvien).
- Subretinal hemorrhage >50% of the total lesion area and/or involving the fovea.
- Subfoveal fibrosis or subfoveal atrophy.
- Retinal pigment epithelial tear involving the macula.
- History of vitreous hemorrhage, rhegmatogenous retinal detachment, glaucoma-filtering surgery, tube shunts, or microinvasive glaucoma surgery, and corneal transplant.
- History of rhegmatogenous retinal tears or peripheral retinal breaks within three months prior to the screening visit.
- Actual or history of myopia >-8 diopters.
- Uncontrolled ocular hypertension or glaucoma (defined as IOP >25 mm Hg or a cup to disc ration >0.8, despite treatment with antiglaucoma medication) and any such condition the Investigator determines may require a glaucoma-filtering surgery during a participant's participation in the study.
- Concurrent intraocular conditions (e.g., cataract, diabetic retinopathy, epiretinal membrane with traction, macular hole).
Exclusion Criteria for Fellow Eye
- BCVA letter score using ETDRS charts of < 34 letters.
- Treatment with anti-VEGF agents within one month prior to Day 1 (for Part 1) or prior to the randomization visit (Part 3).
Exclusion Criteria for Either Eye
- CNV due to causes other than nAMD, such as ocular histoplasmosis, trauma, pathological myopia, angioid streaks, choroidal rupture, uveitis or central serous chorioretinopathy.
- Prior participation in a clinical trial involving anti-VEGF drugs within six months prior to the screening visit, other than ranibizumab, aflibercept, or faricimab.
- Active intraocular inflammation (grade trace or above), infectious conjunctivitis, keratitis, scleritis, or endophthalmitis.
- History of uveitis, including history of any intraocular inflammation following intravitreal anti-VEGF injections.
For the latest version of this information please go to www.forpatients.roche.com