A Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of BFKB8488A Compared With Placebo in Participants With Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Chronic Kidney Disease
Active, not recruiting
- Puerto Rico
- United States
The source of the below information is the publicly available website ClinicalTrials.gov. It has been summarised and edited into simpler language.
The below information is taken directly from the publicly available website ClinicalTrials.gov within a week of any updates, and has not been edited.
This study will evaluate the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of BFKB8488A compared to placebo in participants with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
A Phase II, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of BFKB8488A Compared With Placebo in Patients With Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Confirmed diagnosis of NASH as documented through liver biopsy performed no more than 6 months before randomization, defined according to NASH CRN criteria along with a NASH CRN fibrosis score between F2 and F3
- Hepatic steatosis on MRI (>= 8% average PDFF) prior to randomization
- History of any liver disease other than NASH, except for resolved, self-limited illnesses such as Hepatitis A or E, and previous Hepatitis C
- Weight gain > 10% or loss > 5% within 3 months prior to randomization
- History of liver transplantation
- Current or history of significant alcohol consumption
For the latest version of this information please go to www.forpatients.roche.com